Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
- By participating in ‘The Manulife Vault’ Game (“Game”) organized by Manulife (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“Manulife”) from 4 October 2019 to 31 October 2019 (both dates inclusive) (“Game Period”), I understand and agree to these Terms.
- Each participant (“Participant”) must register an account through https://manulifevault.sg strictly during the Game Period to be eligible to participate in the Game. Participants are entitled to only 1 account each.
- Game details:-
- The Game will have a total of 3 sets of weekend challenges conducted over 3 weekends (on Saturday and Sunday) during the Game Period, starting from 12 October 2019. There will be 10 weekend winners who will be selected based on the shortest time taken to complete the challenge each weekend throughout the Game Period. In the event of a tie, number of gameplays and cracked vaults will be used in sequence to determine the weekend winners.
- A grand finale event will be held at Jewel Changi Airport, Cloud9 Piazza on 9 November 2019, particulars of which will be provided at a later stage, subject to any change as Manulife may decide. Top 32 players will be selected as the finalists to participate in the grand finale, based on the highest amount of Manulife Dollars (a virtual currency and not an actual one, named by Manulife for the purpose of this Game) accumulated throughout the Game Period. In the event there is a tie, number of gameplays and cracked vaults will be used in sequence to determine such finalists. At the end of this grand finale, the Game will have 3 grand finale winners, in addition to the weekend winners determined earlier. We will forfeit, without any further liability to us, the chance to win the grand finale prize for any of the top 32 players if they are unable to attend the grand finale in person for any reason.
- The weekend winners will receive the prize in the following order:
- 1st prize - S$1,000 worth of travel vouchers and 500,000 Manulife Dollars; and
- 2nd prize to 10th prize - 250,000 Manulife Dollars.
- The grand finale winners will receive the prize in the following order:
- 1st grand prize: a Manulife retirement insurance plan (RetireReady Plus) with the monthly retirement income totalling up to SGD$250,000 throughout the income payout period. The monthly retirement income consists of guaranteed and non-guaranteed income. This prize and the winner of this prize shall be subject to the terms of this retirement insurance plan and any other condition that Manulife may impose from time to time. For your convenience, a Manulife employee will assist you further. For more details on this retirement insurance plan please refer to the plan details;
- 2nd prize: S$4,000 worth of travel vouchers; and
- 3rd prize: S$2,000 worth of travel vouchers.
The remaining 29 players selected for grand finale who do not qualify to become the grand finale winners, will each receive S$100 worth of CapitaVoucher. All prizes shall be subject to any further terms imposed by Manulife and/or the merchants of the prizes from time to time.
Each winner shall be eligible to win the prize only once, for the Game.
- The weekend winners will receive the prize in the following order:
- The Participant must be a natural person who is a Singapore citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident residing in Singapore and shall be between 21 years to 65 years of age (both age limits inclusive) at time of participation. Employees and Financial Consultants/Representatives of Manulife, its affiliates and sales partners, their immediate family members, servicing vendors of this Game as well as the prize merchants, are not eligible to win any prizes under this Game.
- Manulife’s decision on and method of deciding the respective finalists and winners shall be at its absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Manulife reserves the right to select another finalist or winner to substitute any finalist or winner who is subsequently found to be ineligible or disqualified in Manulife’s opinion. Any such determination shall be final, binding and conclusive on all parties.
- The names of the finalists and winners will be announced via email to all the Participants. Finalists and winners will be notified separately by phone call and/or email at the number/email provided by them during account registration. They will be deemed notified once the notification phone call/email has been made/sent out. Manulife shall not be responsible for a delay in notification or no notification at all.
- The finalists must respond to such notification through their valid phone number and/or email address within 3 days of being notified by Manulife. Failure to respond within the stipulated time shall result, without any further liability to Manulife, in forfeiture of their participation in the grand finale and the next top player will be selected as their replacement.
- The weekend winners must respond to Manulife’s notification, through their valid phone number and/or email address within 30 days of being notified by Manulife. Failure to respond within the stipulated time shall result in the forfeiture of their prize without any further liability to Manulife. No payment or compensation, whether in cash, credit or kind, shall be made for the forfeited prize notwithstanding non-receipt of notification.
- Manulife shall not be responsible for any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment or network/internet connection that may impair a Participant’s participation or a chance to win during the Game.
- The prize is not (a) transferable, (b) exchangeable or (c) redeemable for cash. Manulife reserves the right to replace the prize with item(s) of similar value without prior notice. Manulife assumes no liability or responsibility and shall not be responsible or liable for any injury, loss, claim or damage whatsoever or for any charges, costs, tax or expenses of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred as a result of the redemption or usage of the goods and services or the prize or in connection with the Game and/or redemption or use of the prize and any consequences including, but not limited to, loss of life, injury to person and/or loss or damage to property arising from or in connection with the Game, and/or use of the prize howsoever arising. Manulife does not assume any liability or responsibility for and will not be liable or responsible for any defect, quality, merchantability, the fitness or any other aspect of the prize, or the goods/services offered in connection with this Game; or for the acts or defaults of the prize merchants. Manulife is not an agent of such merchants. Any dispute relating to the prize including but not limited to the quality or service standard must be resolved directly with the relevant merchant.
- Photographs and videos will be taken during the Game including at the grand finale for publicity, promotional materials and other related purposes, by Manulife and/or its vendors. Manulife shall own such content/material and shall be free to use the same worldwide in a manner and purpose decided by Manulife and/or its affiliates without further consent of or compensation to any party.
- All decisions made by Manulife in connection with the Game (including the interpretation of the Terms) including but not limited to, terminating, cancelling or suspending the Game or to varying the Terms of the Game or prohibiting a Participant from participating in the Game, shall be final and binding on all parties to this Game. Manulife shall not be liable for payment or compensation to any party. No appeal shall be entertained.
- All Participants, their friends and families are participating in the Game including the grand finale, on their own free will and assume all risks and liability inherent in this participation. Participants will not hold Manulife and its directors, shareholders, affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, contractors and partners and the owner/operator of the Game liable for any claims, demands, suits, causes of action of any kind whatsoever, costs, liabilities and/or expenses (including legal fees and disbursements) as and when they arise during the course of the Game to the extent permitted by law including but not limited to injury to themselves and their friends and families, property damage, death during the Game or on the premises where the Game are/were held. Participants also agree to indemnify Manulife and hold it harmless against all losses, claims, demands, expenses and other liabilities (including legal fees) suffered or incurred by Manulife as a result of any breach of these Terms or of applicable laws by the Participants including, without limitation, any representation made by the Participants which is not authorised under these Terms or otherwise in writing by Manulife.
- A person who does not participate in the Game shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap.53B) to enforce any of these Terms.
- This Game is subject to the laws of and the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to this Game, these Terms shall prevail.
- These Terms are accurate as at October 18, 2019.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).